Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Santa Baby - Sketch 30

I have to tell you when Michelle sent me her hand sketched version of this as a scanned picture of it I opened it and it was sideways. The card I made is what immediately came to mind and I had a lot of fun making this one. 


It is an A2 gate-fold card in Cranberry cardstock that I took some scissors (gasp... I know.. I so very rarely cut anything by hand) I cut the top into a heart shape leaving the sides intact at the folds on each side. then I cut off the bottom corners rounding a bit rather than simply cutting straight and lastly leaving a little of the folded edge attached at the top and bottom I cut away some of the middle of each side of the card.

I stamped the swirls from Love Life in versamark and heat embossed them with Winter Wonderland embossing powder (this powder has silver glitter in it but you can't see it at all in the photo). I then took a liquid applique pen and drew on the edges of the bottom and the top, waited for it to dry and then heated it so it would puff up. I used my crop-o-dile to make the lacing holes on the card edges where they meet in the middle (I held them together and punched both at the same time so they were even). The ribbon is laced as 2 separate pieces going only on one side with each piece and then tied inside the card on the bottom and outside at the top. I did it this way so the card could still easily be opened.


I'd love for you to go on over to check out what the rest of the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Design Team has in store for you today using this sketch HERE.

I'd really love if you checked out the entries so far this week and played along with us HERE 

5 comments:

  1. Woo-woo!! While the cat is away, the mouse will play .... with scissors! Isn't it funny how seldom we take scissors to paper anymore?! Such a basic tool. I am thinking that I might try this card, but using a large-diameter round punch for the leg and waist cuts -- just easier, I think. This card would be good for a little vavoom at Valentine's Day,

    BTW, is Winter Wonderland embossing powder available from CTMH? I never heard of it and neeeeeeeed it!

    Fondly, Your Favorite Monkey,
    Ellen CardMonkey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my wow! Awesome card Darla! Love the mischievous side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and fun, I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


  
Get widget