Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop


For my card today I chose to use Fancy Frames, Heritage and Trim The Tree cricut cartridges.


I made an embossing folder with the Fancy Frames cartridge (the 3rd row 4th column button) at 5" Real Dial Size. If you're local and would like to learn how to make your own embossing folders I teach classes on how to do this, you can contact me for my class schedule.

I also cut the backing for this frame (4th row, 4th column) and embossed it with my homemade folder. After I dry embossed it I ran my gold inkpad over the embossing to highlight the embossing. I also used my gold Sakura pen to edge both the outside and inside of this frame and my card base (both inside and out). I attached thie embossed panel with foam tape for added dimension.

I used Trim the Tree and Cricut Craft Room to cut my ornaments out of some gold sticker paper (I used CCR because I wanted to take the guess work out completely of what size I wanted them and this allowed me to line everything up how I liked it and then cut.


I took this screen shot for you so you can see what I mean.



I also used the Heritage cartidge to cut the label for my sentiment. I stamped my sentiment from A1115 A Holiday CTMH stamp set in gold encore ink as well as distressed the edges of my label with the same gold ink. I attached the label with a couple star brads I had in my stash from years ago.
Here's a close up of the dimension the embossing gives this as well as the shine!



Next you should go to Miranda's blog: http://www.nanasscrapspot.com

If you get lost along the way here is the entire line up





53 comments:

  1. Congrats on joining the design team. (You may want to check your post because I think there are a few lines of text that you don't want to include.)
    MCCR DT Sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. (fixed... can't beleive I left that in there... )

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the team! You should do a tutorial on your blog on how to make the embossing folders!
    Lisa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, Thank you. You never know it may just end up being a tutorial later on down the road. ;)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the gold and embossing! Happy to be your new DT sister! :)

    Have a great day!

    Heather Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty card and I am happy to be on the DT with you (I am also a new member!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the gold!!!!! Congrats and welcome to the team!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like using gold too, and i love the embossing. Great to see you on this blog hop and design team. Thanks for sharing.

    marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. First welcome to the group, look forward to getting to know you, your project is beautiful, TFS
    I also just became a new follower.
    Ava DT Sister
    http://scrapbookdesign4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ava! Can't wait to get to know everyone on the team.

      Delete
  8. Congrats Darla! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to this awesome team!!! Your project was amazing and now I am a follower on your blog too!!!
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Darla, I love this card, I borrowed the Fancy frames cart. from a friend, can not wait to try it.
    your DT sister
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, it is a great cartridge. Just a heads up... it is sized based on the height of the picture you plan to put in the frame unless you use real dial size for it.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations Darla, awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the team Darla! What an amazing job you did with this lovely Christmas card! Love how you made the embossing folder and the gold just makes it so elegant! Great job on your first post!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love that card Darla! Christmas in July!! I so have to try the embossing folder technique you showed me -- you know me - it's on the list! Happy to be on the DT with you :) TFS

    Lucy
    http://www.love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Lucy.
      LOL Eventually it will make it to the top of "the list"

      Delete
  14. Very nice card. Welcome to the Team!

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Darla, really gorgeous card!! Welcome to the team, I look forward to seeing your future projects.
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love the card. Welcome to the team!!
    Janet Royer
    MCCr-DT
    http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. So GORGEOUS!!! That card is simply amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on the design team! You are going to be awesome!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you on both account Jodie. :)

      Delete
  18. beautiful card... Congrats on joining the team

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome to the team Darla!I love how you made your own embossing folder. This card is so gorgeous. TFS, Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. welcome to the Dt - awesome to have you!! so LOVE your Christmas card.. love the details!! new follower :)
    My cricut craft room Dt sis... Doris
    http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome to the design team. I am sure that you will love it. All of the ladies are so nice and Erica is wonderful. I love your card. I look forward to getting to know you better.
    sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. I am really enjoying it so far. The other members I've had the pleasure of talking to have been wonderful!

      Delete
  22. Darla, this is so super elegant and darling. Love the embossing you chose to use. Fabulous job.
    :O)
    Jessica S
    jessicascraftshaque.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jessica! I love making my own embossing folders so they're usique

      Delete


  
Get widget