Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sketch 29

Well, I had a lot of fun making my card for this sketch.

I have been watching Lindsay from The Frugal Crafter do a bunch of watercolour stuff lately (go check her out, she has some awesome tutorials!!). Anyways, I absolutely love watercolour but only ever use my watercolour pencils for it and really wanted to paint. My kids also wanted to paint so I got out their watercolour paints.. you know the kind, the cheap ones that you get all the little discs of paint in a plastic case with a paintbrush in it from the dollar store?!

I had a whole bunch of these card fronts already stamped and embossed with the Jumbo Zinnia from Stampendous sitting out on my table from a recent craft room clean up I did and decided to paint with my kids. YES this is done with those cheap paints and YES I used the cheap crappy paintbrush that comes with them to do it. :)


As soon as I finished it I knew it was going to be used for this weeks sketch. I grabbed a scrap piece of Cranberry Cardstock and some of the Ruby Chevron Ribbon. The Chevron Ribbon actually comes white and ruby chevron which looked way too stark on this so I simply painted it with the same grey that I used around the outlines of the flowers. I grabbed a bunch of buttons from the Red Button Assortment and stuck them on. Voila. I am in love with how it turned out. I hope you like it too and are inspired to go craft with your kids (or if you don't have any maybe try out some cheaper supplies that you can come across very easily).

Speaking of crafting/playing with your kids... I have some awesome pics to share with you all from some crafty time I spent with mine as well as some videos (you may have already seen the videos on my youtube channel). C'mon back tomorrow and check it out!

Right now you should head on over to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Blog and see the rest of the Design Teams creations using this weeks sketch HERE.

Also, check out the actual sketch this week and the entries so far by clicking HERE.


Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome crafty day with the kids. Fantastic watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent painting, so impressed that you coloured the ribbon, too! And doing it all alongside your kids...priceless!

    ReplyDelete


  
Get widget