Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Sunshine




Welcome to our April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This month's stamp from Close to My Heart is "My Sunshine" and is available exclusively through your Close to My Heart consultant from April 1 - 30, 2013. You can purchase this stamp set for only $5 with a qualifying purchase.




If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create. If you came from Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create then you are in the right place!


I decided to keep my card for today fairly simple. I honestly CASEd this from Show and Tell, with Michelle . I saw it and really liked her layout and everything. I changed up the colours, paper and the butterfly she had for a button. The button was originally clear but I covered one side of it with sky pigment ink while holding it with a pair of tweezers, dipped it into some clear embossing powder and heated to set the embossing powder. Voila, a perfectly matching button!

The paper strip on the left is Avonlea paper and I used colours from the Avonlea paper to ink my stamp up. I also used the negative cut out from when I cut my balloon shape with the cricut to sponge a bit of slate ink on the background like a shadow as well. The background was sponged using some strips of printer paper to mask it off in sections. 



Your next stop on our "My Sunshine" hop is Amber ~ Scrapper's Therapy


I am entering this in the Craft it up Link it up Linky Party

Here's the entire lineup in case you get lost along the way.
  1. Lucy ~  Love 2 Create
  2. Darla ~  Caution: Crafting is Contagious
  3. Amber ~  Scrapper's Therapy
  4. Jennifer ~  4 Hearts Scrapbooking
  5. Theo ~   Celebrate Crafts
  6. Stephanie ~   The Quilted Scrapper 

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you.



10 comments:

  1. I love the color combination with Avonlea, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it looks like the balloon is floating. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it and great tip on the button. Will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Balloon, twine 'n button!! Never thought of using a button like this!! Let me get my buttons out!! www.craftykards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card and it is very clever. The rolling hills look great. Thanks for your time and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card! The hills are a fabulous touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just super. Love those colors and hot air balloon.

    Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Button” Linky Party. Stop by Monday for the start of a new linky party!!

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darla, what a wonderful creative card! I just love it! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent! Hugs xx Joann

    ReplyDelete


  
Get widget