Monday, February 14, 2011

May all your dreams come true

This is actually a combo of pictures of 2 different cards I made.. the first one just says Happy Birthday on the inside and was for a friend of ours 7 year olds birthday... then a few days later I was making a birthday card for my nieces first birthday and thought I like that card so much I'd make it again, except I had also been playing with some of Melanie's stamps and realized how perfect the rose from pressed flowers watermarked over this verse from Say it with flowers for the inside instead of just Happy Birthday. :)
 
I was REALLY happy with how this turned out and I think I will be making this card again soon for a cousins 2 year old birhday soon.
 
The fairy is actually very sparkly as her dress and wings are watercoloured with sakura stardust pens. I love how images look when done this way!!
She is popped up on foam dots over this gorgeous meshy ribbon I had laying around that I HAD to buy forever ago because I liked it so much, All the writing plus the fairy image itself is done with copper embossing powder and the upside-down flower she's sitting on was stamped with a coloured ink (I think it might have been memento but I'm not sure how I managed to spread the colour fast enough if it was memento) and then brushed with a waterbrush to spread the ink into the image for a watercolour effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment


  
Get widget